PEUGEOT is showcasing a 100% electrified update in Geneva. Two world premieres will be revealed to the general public: the new PEUGEOT 208 in its internal combustion and electric versions, as well as the PEUGEOT SPORT ENGINEERED 508 Concept, which heralds the high-performance electrified line of production vehicles developed by PEUGEOT SPORT. PEUGEOT will also be presenting its new Plug-in Hybrid petrol engines on the PEUGEOT 3008, 508 sedan and SW. The electrification of the brand will also be emphasized by an iconic lion that becomes electrified on the stand. Visitors will be able to discover the star of the last Paris Motor show with the PEUGEOT e-Legend Concept, a true embodiment of the vision of an optimistic and ultra-desirable 100% electric, autonomous future, connected by PEUGEOT.
NEW PEUGEOT 208 AND PEUGEOT e-208: FUTURISTIC & YOUNG
In Geneva PEUGEOT will be presenting the new PEUGEOT 208 which follows one of the brand’s best sellers. Because in the era of the energy transition, the choice of shape dictates neither the use nor the engine power, the new PEUGEOT 208 will be offered with a choice between three energies from its launch: 100% electric, petrol or diesel.
This new generation of the PEUGEOT 208 perfectly enshrines the upgrading of the PEUGEOT brand and asserts itself through its trim design, inspiring youth and energy.
Inspired by the PEUGEOT FRACTAL concept car, the new PEUGEOT 208 features a new and unprecedented generation of the PEUGEOT i-Cockpit® with a 3D head-up combo and a range of driving aids from the upper segments.
The PEUGEOT 208 is surfacing at the heart of the B segment by contributing to what is the PEUGEOT range’s success today: assertion through design and differentiation through innovation and technology. Super-connected with the Mirror Screen function and the connected TomTom® Traffic 3D navigation, the new PEUGEOT 208 is also extra-secure and includes the latest generation of driver assistance equipment, at the best level of its segment, with the new Drive Assist that paves the way to semi-autonomous driving.
Available from the launch, the new PEUGEOT e-208 offers zeal and a stimulating driving pleasure thanks to its 100% electric engine power with a power of 100 kW (136 hp) and a 260 Nm torque (available from 0 km/h) for immediate reactivity.
The new PEUGEOT e-208 displays immediately recognisable external markers:
• a grille in the same colour as the bodywork,
• dichroic lions (a process that changes the colour depending on the viewing angle),
• an “e-208” monogram on the back and the letter “e” on the rear fenders.
PEUGEOT SPORT ENGINEERED 508 CONCEPT: NEO-PERFORMANCE
The PEUGEOT SPORT ENGINEERED 508 Concept heralds the powerful electrified line of production vehicles developed by PEUGEOT SPORT.
Derived from the radical PEUGEOT 508 HYBRID sedan, the PEUGEOT SPORT ENGINEERED 508 Concept has enjoyed a specific stylistic and athletic treatment.
Aerodynamics have been worked on for optimal efficiency and effective performance: sharper front bumper, sharpened grille with floating blades, rocker panels equipped with flaps, fins on the rear quarter panels, new diffuser at the back.
The ‘Selenium Grey’ shade, which varies depending on the light thanks to its pearl particles, is associated with ‘Kryptonite’ inserts, which signify the concept’s adherence to this sporty and efficient line.
Entrusted to the expertise of PEUGEOT SPORT engineers, the PEUGEOT SPORT ENGINEERED 508 Concept promises exceptional performances comparable to those of a 400hp internal combustion vehicle. It has four-wheel drive and offers spectacular acceleration, thanks to the combination of three engines: a 200hp PureTech petrol engine and two electric engines with 110hp up front and 200hp at the rear).
The PEUGEOT SPORT ENGINEERED 508 Concept benefits from the advantages of hybridisation with real efficiency and 100% electric travel up to 50 km (WLTP).
A 100% ELECTRIFIED PEUGEOT STAND
From March 7th to 17th, the PEUGEOT booth will display 100% electrified updates to the viewers over 1,400 m²:
• Two world premieres: the new PEUGEOT 208 and e-208, as well as the PEUGEOT SPORT ENGINEERED 508 Concept.
• A 100% electrified range with the Plug-in Hybrid petrol range. The PEUGEOT 3008 HYBRID4 and the PEUGEOT 508 HYBRID, available next autumn, offer 4 driving modes for heightened sensations and unrestricted mobility. The orders will be open as early as June.
• The PEUGEOT e-Legend Concept, a real embodiment of the vision of an optimistic and ultra-desirable 100% electric, autonomous future, connected by PEUGEOT.
• A new brand signature, MOTION & e-MOTION, which highlights the brand’s position on the major issues of the energy transition and supports PEUGEOT’s electrification.
• A huge Lion in the colours of the brand’s electrification: the ambassador of the brand presented in Geneva in 2018 will come to life this year with dichroic plays in green and blue, and reflections on its fluid and sculpted surfaces. The brand is projected into the era of the energy transition and the electrification of its emblem is a new sign of this.
PEUGEOT is the only manufacturer offering a global mobility offer on 2, 3 or 4 wheels, and the stand will also present the latest electric innovations for PEUGEOT Cycles and PEUGEOT Motorcycles:
• PEUGEOT Cycles is presenting the Electric VTC eT01 Belt Powertube which has a belt transmission requiring no maintenance. Equipped with a 100% electric engine and a battery built into the frame, it offers smooth acceleration and quiet pedalling.
• PEUGEOT Motorcycles is presenting the E-METROPOLIS concept, the electric version of the iconic 3-wheeled PEUGEOT METROPOLIS scooter, the brand’s flagship. The E-METROPOLIS concept has a very high level of performance in line with its ambition to become the new benchmark for major European cities. The electric engine installed on the chassis delivers a maximum power of 36 kW to the rear wheel, via a toothed belt. The maximum speed on offer is 135km/h, with a range of up to 200 km. E-METROPOLIS offers an exceptional driving experience, thanks to an electric engine that makes the vehicle lighter. Driving pleasure, safety and performance are the main assets of the future E-METROPOLIS.